An instant bow hold for cello and bass
- Features & Benefits:
- Size helps an open, relaxed hand
- Index finger rests on bow normally
- Directs thumb toward intersection of frog and stick with Alternate thumb placements for young hands
- Pads of fingers have choice of resting places
- Adds a touch of weight for fuller tone
- Flexible Use: one size for ages 3 - Adult
- Fits all bow sizes
- Made in the USA
- Manufactured of the finest medical grade silicone rubber
- No latex allergy concerns
- Durable & Dishwasher Safe
- Packaged mounted on jumbo Things 4 Strings ® pencil
The Cellophant instantly positions and supports the fingers of the bow hold. The various anatomical features of the elephant, such as toenails and legs, allow the cellist to feel reference points, for consistent bow holds from practice to practice.The size of the CelloPhant ® accessory allows an open, relaxed hand, and the circle of the elephant's trunk directs a flexible thumb toward the intersection of the frog and stick, with alternate placements if desired.
The bow provides the breath of tone for string players. While cello bow technique varies widely among fine players, all agree a primary focus of the cello bow hold is lack of tension, and a flexible thumb and fingers.Teachers appreciate the flexible-use design of this accessory, allowing for differences of pronation, depending on their own bow technique and student hand size. The accessory is useful for all hand sizes, age 3 through Adult. Teachers of very young cellists have discovered the special features Martha Brons designed in the accessory for the very youngest Suzuki cello students: an alternate thumb location is to roll thumb tip around elephant's cheek (or between cheek and ear); and young ring fingers like to rest on the top edge of the elephant's leg. Best tone results when the bow is rested on the string before the right hand is placed.
The accessory also is designed to deliberately add a touch of weight to assist beginning players to achieve a bit more effortless tone.